NYRx, the Medicaid Pharmacy Program
NYRx Education & Outreach
NYRx Education & Outreach
On April 1, 2023, the prescription drug benefit for all Medicaid members enrolled in a Mainstream Managed Care Plan, Health and Recovery Plan (HARP), and HIV-Special Needs Plan (HIV-SNP) was transitioned to NYRx, the Medicaid Pharmacy Program. In addition to the existing Medicaid member and provider helplines, starting Monday, April 3, there is a dedicated team, led by Magellan, to support care coordination.
The Education and Outreach team serves as a liaison between the Managed Care Plans and NYRx to support care coordination. Clinical liaisons are trained to support and help solve complex pharmacy cases for:
- Managed Care Plans
- Case workers and New York State agencies
- Prescribers and pharmacies with questions regarding NYRx drug coverage, prior approval requirements, and NYRx enrolled pharmacies
- Complex care coordination for populations such as HIV/AIDS, Hemophilia, Foster Care children, Serious Mental Illness, Substance Use Disorder, and Hepatitis C
To contact the Education and Outreach team call (833) 967-7310. The call center is available Monday through Friday 8am until 5pm ET.
NYRx program-related questions and non-member-specific questions can be emailed to NYRxEO@magellanhealth.com.
Virtual support drop-in sessions are offered every week for pharmacy stakeholders to ask questions related to NYRx and care coordination
- Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) office hours hosted via Zoom from 12pm-1pm ET every Monday and Wednesday
- Office hours hosted via Zoom from 12pm-1pm ET every Tuesday and Thursday for the following:
- Pharmacy providers and prescribers
- Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS)
- Office of Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG)
- New York Blood Center
- Foster Care
- AIDS Institute and stakeholders
The Education and Outreach team hosts weekly live training webinars which focus on different areas of the NYRx program.
Starting Friday, May 26, the webinar will focus on:
- NYRx, the Medicaid Pharmacy Program Overview with a focus on the Preferred Drug Program (PDP), the Drug Utilization Review program (DUR) and the Brand Less than Generic program (BLTG)
Pharmacy providers and prescribers are encouraged to attend these webinars to learn more about NYRx. No registration is required to attend. Join the Education & Outreach team via Zoom every Friday from 12pm-1pm ET.
Prerecorded sessions of NYRx E&O educational webinars are available on the NYRx E&O YouTube channel. To view a specific webinar or for a copy of the slides select from the list below.
- NYRx, the Medicaid Pharmacy Program Overview: webinar or slides
- NYRx BLTG program: webinar or slides
- NYRx Clinical Criteria (CC): webinar or slides
- NYRx Dose Optimization Program: webinar or slides
- NYRx Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Program: webinar or slides
- NYRx PDP/PDL program: webinar or slides
- NYRx Step Therapy (ST): webinar or slides